Yemen war: Houthis 'halting drone and missile strikes'
Yemen's Houthi rebels say they are halting drone and missile strikes on the Saudi-led military coalition after a request from the United Nations.
The move comes after the coalition ordered a halt in its offensive on the key Yemeni port of Hudaydah.
The UN is attempting to revive talks to end a three-year war which has caused the world's worst humanitarian crisis.
So far, the war has killed thousands and pushed millions more Yemenis to the brink of starvation.
Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, the head of the Houthis' Supreme Revolutionary Committee, said the decision to halt the strikes was made "after our contacts with the UN envoy" Martin Griffiths.
The statement added the Houthis were ready to move towards a wider ceasefire if "the Saudi-led coalition wants peace".
Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, which has been leading the offensive against Hudaydah, say they support the UN-led talks, which Mr Griffiths is hoping to convene before the end of the year.
He told the UN Security Council on Friday that he had been given "firm assurances" that both sides would attend, promising to accompany the Houthi representatives from the Yemeni capital of Sanaa if needs be.
The Houthis failed to show up at peace talks in September.
The Houthis' statement came a day before the UK is due to introduce a draft resolution on Monday at the UN Security Council on a ceasefire in Yemen and humanitarian access.